Today I thought I'd share something pretty special with you!
A couple of months ago, I was asked to make a dress in the style of "Jane" from Mary Poppins (Jane from the original film)as a dance costume for a neighbour. Between us we spent time going over colours and trims until we found the perfect idea! I made a rough toile from a lightweight cotton so I could check the fit and made sure the dress had enough volume in it to move and dance in. The skirt is a circular skirt which meant she could bow and curtsy in it.
I finished the dress a few weeks ago and I got to see the finished photos last week. I am really pleased with it! I love a challenge and I really enjoyed making something new!